For over 100 years Dentsply Sirona has been supporting dentists worldwide in their profession. Our trusted and comprehensive range of anesthetics enables dentists and hygienists to start every procedure right. We ensure quality at each step of the product’s journey from collection of active molecule till it reaches your office.
Articadent® DENTAL (articaine HCI and epinephrine Injection, USP) Articaine hydrochloride 4% and epinephrine 1:100,000 or 1:200,000
Articadent is a true representation of the highly portent molecule Articaine. Articadent is not typically associated with increase in heart rate even with increasing the epinephrine concentration in blood by 3-5 times.
Articadent 1:200,000 is preferred for most dental procedures while Articadent 1:100,000 provides improved visualization of surgical field during operative and surgical procedures.
- Anesthesia typically lasting approximately 1 hour for infiltrations and up to 2 hours for blocks
- A typical onset of less than 10 minutes
- Smooth, easy movement with silicon-coated plunger and cartridge
- Free from natural rubber latex
Important Safety Information:
- Articadent is contraindicated in patients who are hypersensitive to products containing sulfite
- Articadent should not be used in patients with congenital or idiopathic methemoglobinemia
- Common precautions include aspiration prior to injection to help avoid intravascular injection
- Local anesthetic solutions like Articadent that contain a vasoconstrictor should be used cautiously especially in patients with impaired cardiovascular function or vascular disease
- Most common adverse reactions are headache and pain